One of our colleagues sent us an amusing e-mail earlier this week and, to be fair, it made us snigger. So, for something a bit different, here are 10 plants with rude (but hilarious) names. If you are easily offended, we would like to apologise in advance.
1. Stiffcock Botanical name: Diospyros crassenevis
2. Shagbark Botanical name: Carya ovata
3. Cockhold Herb Botanical name: Bidens connata
4. Sausage Tree Botanical name: Kigelia africana
5. Family Jewels Milkweed Botanical name: Asclepias physocarpus
6. Knobweed Botanical name: Hyptis capitata
7. Shaggy Soldier Botanical name: Galinsoga ciliata
8. Sticky Willy Botanical name: Galium aparine
9. Nipplewort Botanical name: Lapsana communis
10. Virgin Thistle Botanical name: Cirsium virginense
Not the most high-brow thing you'll read today but we hope it made you smile.
New online community to combat food waste
With EU nations throwing away 88 million tonnes of food a year, a group of experts from 13 countries...
UK will ban pesticides harmful to bees
In 2013, the European Union banned the use of neonicotinoids on flowering crops. What does this mean...
Duchess of Cambridge Celebrates Ten Years of School Gardening
The Duchess of Cambridge visited green fingered youngsters at Robin Hood Primary School in Kingston ...