One of our colleagues sent us an amusing e-mail earlier this week and, to be fair, it made us snigger. So, for something a bit different, here are 10 plants with rude (but hilarious) names. If you are easily offended, we would like to apologise in advance.
1. Stiffcock Botanical name: Diospyros crassenevis
2. Shagbark Botanical name: Carya ovata
3. Cockhold Herb Botanical name: Bidens connata
4. Sausage Tree Botanical name: Kigelia africana
5. Family Jewels Milkweed Botanical name: Asclepias physocarpus
6. Knobweed Botanical name: Hyptis capitata
7. Shaggy Soldier Botanical name: Galinsoga ciliata
8. Sticky Willy Botanical name: Galium aparine
9. Nipplewort Botanical name: Lapsana communis
10. Virgin Thistle Botanical name: Cirsium virginense
Not the most high-brow thing you'll read today but we hope it made you smile.
Armed Forces Memorial: One Decade On
A decade after the Armed Forces Memorial was dedicated in the presence of Her Majesty The Queen at t...
New modern Insect Pest Control Lab
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today opened the doors of a new laboratory to help cou...
New EU school fruit, vegs and milk scheme
The new EU school fruit, vegetables and milk scheme came into place on 1 August, ready to be impleme...