One of our colleagues sent us an amusing e-mail earlier this week and, to be fair, it made us snigger. So, for something a bit different, here are 10 plants with rude (but hilarious) names. If you are easily offended, we would like to apologise in advance.
1. Stiffcock Botanical name: Diospyros crassenevis
2. Shagbark Botanical name: Carya ovata
3. Cockhold Herb Botanical name: Bidens connata
4. Sausage Tree Botanical name: Kigelia africana
5. Family Jewels Milkweed Botanical name: Asclepias physocarpus
6. Knobweed Botanical name: Hyptis capitata
7. Shaggy Soldier Botanical name: Galinsoga ciliata
8. Sticky Willy Botanical name: Galium aparine
9. Nipplewort Botanical name: Lapsana communis
10. Virgin Thistle Botanical name: Cirsium virginense
Not the most high-brow thing you'll read today but we hope it made you smile.
As you browse through the seed catalogues this year, or look at the stands of packets in the gard...
USDA invests $7.6M for research on pests
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) toda...
40 Sunbury Road
The industry exhibit '40 Sunbury Road' has achieved a Silver Medal at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show an...